Our superintendents are responsible for the day to day onsite activities throughout all phases of the project. This position will require knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the project team, architects and client while successfully directing the subcontractors in planning, coordinating and executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, plans and schedule. BDH offers many benefits including but not limited to:
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan, with a company match of 10%
- Paid time off/vacation and holiday
- Health insurance
- Mileage/exclusive accommodations/subsistence
- Annual bonus potential
- Abundance of support from the office and field personnel, management and owners.
Education and Other requirements
- Must have carpentry background
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and client relations are imperative
- Self motivated, deadline driven and highly organized
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Ability and availability to travel in and out of state is a requirement
- Must posses a reliable vehicle and valid Driver’s license
- Ideal candidate for this position would have adequate experience in construction field
- We need team members that look forward to challenges and excel under high demand, fast paced schedules. BDH encourages and will diligently assist their employees to surpass expectations and succeed to the utmost.
- Scheduling trades and continuously keeping them informed with schedule changes and material and equipment delivery dates
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the drawings, specifications and subcontractor scope of work.
- Supervise the daily activities of the subcontractors, ensuring that manpower is utilized in accordance with ADA requirements, OSHA requirements and in an efficient manner.
- Ability to produce and maintain Storm Water Pollution prevention and OSHA requirements and documents.
- Supervise the daily activities of subcontractors, ensuring the final product is yielding BDH and owner expectations.
- Ability to anticipate problems and participate in solutions.
- Correct unsafe acts of subcontractors and/or equipment operation in a prompt and productive manner.
- In conjunction with the project manager, develop and manage schedule to ensure all projects and deadlines are achieved.
- Provide the project manager with a weekly report of progress.
- Schedule and participate in inspections.
- Demand and uphold superior housekeeping on jobsite. Document any trades that don’t meet superintendent, BDH or owner standards.
- Accept, receive and inform PM( take images of packages and delivery slip) of all deliveries.
- Superintendent will also be responsible to store all materials securely in order to protect from water damage, traffic damage and theft.
- Turn projects over within specific deadlines.